The Partners at Blythe Liggins are committed to ensure that you receive both excellent advice and excellent service.
Donna joined Blythe Liggins in 2000 and has been a partner since 2008. Donna is the head of the Wills and Probate team. Donna has an in-depth level of experience in matters relating to Wills, probate, care funding and court of protection work. She offers practical, sensible advice to her clients when drafting their Wills and prides herself in providing an efficient, cost effective service. Donna has prepared Wills for all manner of clients and brings the same, personal touch to all of them. She advises families who need help and assistance with elderly vulnerable relatives. Working with Donna, you will be provided with empathetic advice and clear guidance to ensure you achieve your objectives.
Donna has been a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2005 and is also a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly. Donna is a trained Dementia Friend and has undertaken Bereavement training.
Donna can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Drafting Wills and Codicils
- Advising on inheritance tax planning and safeguarding of assets
- Administering estates
- Preparing Deeds of Variation
- Preparing Powers of Attorney and Deputyship applications
- Advising on the creation and administration of lifetime trusts and those arising on death
- Elderly client advice including contested Statutory Will applications and contested Deputyship and Power of Attorney matters in the Court of Protection
- Assisting clients where family members have lost capacity
- Care funding issues
Donna is married with a young family and lives locally. She is an active member of the community sitting on committees in her local area and helps at local fundraising events. In her spare time she enjoys going to the gym, skiing and horse riding.
Get in touch to find out how Donna can help you.
Claire qualified as a solicitor at Blythe Liggins in 1998 and became a partner in 2002. She has been the head of the Personal Injury Department for almost 20 years and sits on the firm’s Executive and Marketing Committees. Claire has appeared as an adviser on BBC’s Watchdog and Sky’s Legal TV and given numerous local radio interviews. She also voices the firm’s commercial on Free Radio.
Working with Claire, you can be assured that she will leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice for you. You will be treated with understanding, kindness and sensitivity. She is renowned for her attention to detail and analytical mind, giving her an advantage over her competitors.
Claire can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Negligent treatment in a range of specialisms to include Orthopaedic, Gynaecology, Urology, Obstetrics, Nephrology and Cosmetic Surgery
- Late or missed diagnosis of cancer and other conditions
- Birthing injuries where poor care has led to PTSD, retained placenta, bowel or bladder injuries, stillbirth
- Claims against GPs, NHS Trusts and private consultants
- Missed fractures on x-rays
- Accidents at work
- Catastrophic injuries from road traffic accidents, including paralysis & amputation
- Food poisoning claims
- Product liability claims
- Claims arising from defective beauty treatments
- Representation at Inquests
- Dental negligence claims
Claire lives locally and is married with three children. In her spare time she enjoys holidays with her family, music and running, having taken part in the Stratford 10k, Regency Run and the Two Castles Run (which is sponsored by Blythe Liggins).
Get in touch to find out how Claire can help you with your personal injury and medical negligence claims.
David became head of the Blythe Liggins’ Commercial team in 1995 and is currently Joint Senior Partner. He sits on the firm’s Executive Committee. During his career, David has dealt with a great number of corporate and commercial property matters, many high value and complex transactions and acted for well-known names and brands. Working with David, you can be assured that you will be provided with sound commercial advice that will add value to the objectives you are trying to achieve.
David can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Commercial property matters (sales, leases, developments and secured lending)
- Company matters (formations, shareholders’ agreements, sales, purchases and financing)
- Commercial matters (partnership, agency, commercial agreements, terms and conditions and joint ventures)
- Estate agency terms and conditions and compliance
- Company share sales, purchases and re-organisations.
Get in touch to find out how David can help you with commercial advice.
Tim joined Blythe Liggins in 2003, teaming up with his brother David to act for a wide variety of clients both locally and throughout the country. Tim is part of the firm’s Executive Committee which oversees the management of the firm. Working with Tim, you can be assured you will be provided with the ‘personal touch’, to take the stress out of buying or selling residential property.
Tim can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Residential sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold properties
- Leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Equity release and transfers of equity
- Declarations of trust
- Advising a Housing Association with shared ownership and right to buy properties
- Advising developers on the acquisition of land and the subsequent plot sales once the houses have been built
- Listed building and conservation area issues
- The sale, purchase and letting of small industrial/commercial units
Tim lives in Leamington Spa and is married with three children. Tim is a keen sportsman and runs the Blythe Liggins’ skittles team. He enjoys listening to a variety of music which just about extends to the music played by his sons in two local bands. Tim is a governor of a local primary school, having previously been Chair for a number of years.
Get in touch to find out how Tim can help you with Residential Property advice.
Richard qualified in 1988 having trained with a leading City Law firm and subsequently practised with a large Birmingham law firm. Richard’s experience and extensive knowledge of all matters relating to employment means that he can give his clients strategic and practical advice. Richard acts for both employers and employees guiding clients through what they might encounter in the workplace.
Richard can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Settlement Agreements (formerly Compromise Agreements)
- Drafting Employment contracts, Executive Agreements and Policy Manuals
- Advising and negotiation of termination packages
- Advising on employment aspects of business transfers (TUPE)
- Unfair dismissal, unlawful deductions from wages, and breach of contract claims
- Redundancy procedures
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Allegations of discrimination, victimisation and harassment,
- Managing performance and sickness absences
- Negotiation and drafting of consultancy agreements
- Sports law advice for governing bodies, clubs, coaches, and individuals
Richard heads up the Sports Law Unit at Blythe Liggins which advises individuals and governing bodies on a wide range of issues.
Richard is a former England rugby union international and Cambridge Rugby Blue who represented Cambridge University on the RFU Committee. He became a privileged member of the RFU in 2006 and was recently elected Secretary of the Privileged Members Association. He is also a former Chairman of the RFU Disciplinary panel in the Midlands. Amongst those who have consulted Richard for specialist advice are international rugby coaches, international athletics coaches and county cricket coaches, as well as footballers and rugby players.
Richard remains a keen sportsman and is Chairman of Ashorne & Moreton Morrell Cricket Club. He can be heard commentating on rugby matches for BBC CWR local radio and Five Live Sports Extra. He enjoys classical and contemporary music. Richard is a former Trustee of Myton Hospices.
Get in touch with Richard to find out if he can help you with your employment or sports law queries.
Kevin joined Blythe Liggins in 1994 after graduating from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, and became one of the firm’s Partners in 1999. Since then, he has used his expertise and knowledge of the issues faced by our clients to provide clear, strategic and cost-effective advice to help them achieve the best possible results. His expertise covers business, charity, and sports law.
Kevin acts for a number of well-known businesses and charities and bring a calm, knowledgeable and practical approach to his clients.
Kevin can help you with a wide range of issues including:
- Commercial property law
- Purchases of freehold and leasehold properties
- Commercial conveyancing
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Drafting and advising on high value commercial contracts
- Sports law advice for governing bodies, clubs, coaches, and individuals
Kevin lives in Leamington and is married with two children. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf and cycling but opts to watch the cricket and rugby rather than play. He is the Chairman of Leamington Cricket Club.
Get in touch today to find out if Kevin can help you with your business, charity or sports law queries.