We deliver all round service to our Sports Law clients which allowing them to focus on what really matters – their sport.
Our clients benefit from comprehensive legal knowledge and expertise on all areas including:
- Governance and constitutional documents (relating to companies or associations), rules, and regulations.
- Commercial contracts
- Commercial property transactions and management
- Employment law
- Licensing, copyright, trademark and merchandising agreements
- Disputes with third parties
- Issues arising with sports regulatory bodies and other disciplinary issues
- Conducting independent inquires
- Operation of telephone legal helplines for members and clubs.
As a client, you will benefit from a team with extensive experience in the industry, including a former member of the RFU Committee and Chair of the RFU Disciplinary panel, an England Rugby union international and members of the British Association of Sport and Law. Above all, our lawyers understand the world and business of sport and have a personal passion for sport.
Our happy Sports Law clients include:
- Bowls England
- Amateur Swimming Association/British Swimming
- British Eventing
- British Blind Sport
- Rugby Coaches Association,
- The Elite Cricket Coaches Association
- Various sports coaches and players
What do our clients say?
“The resolution of sporting problems is best undertaken by advisers who have a feel and understanding for the sport and Blythe Liggins succeeds on both accounts.” – Dave Collins (former UK Athletics Performance Director)
“Blythe Liggins speak the language that we want to hear and they have a great track record with sporting organisations.” – Tony Allcock (CEO Bowls England)
Want a Blythe Liggins sports law specialist on your team? Get in touch today.