Phil specialises in dispute resolution using his knowledge and experience acquired over many years. Phil’s vast experience includes advising on:
- Consumer sales agreements
- Contentious probate claims
- Professional negligence claims (including in relation to solicitors, barristers, accountants, insolvency practitioners and vets)
- Commercial Contract disputes
- Breach of warranty claims
- Residential and commercial tenancy disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Construction contract disputes
- Insolvency claims and disputes
- Data protection issues
In addition to this, Phil is also a key part of our Equine team advising both those owning and riding horses. He has advised on claims arising from the sale and purchase of horses, in connection with disputes about other equine contracts, on the liability of those keeping horses and in relation to injuries caused by horses.
What People say about Phil
“Very knowledgeable and professional.”
Background and Memberships
Phil was born in Coventry and was educated at Bablake School. He embarked on his career in law with a Coventry firm in 1978. From 1980 he practised at a major Coventry practice. Moving to Leamington Spa in 1986, Phil developed his experience even further and he joined Blythe Liggins in the summer of 2009.
Phil is married (and has two grown up sons). He enjoys the “outdoors”, wandering in fields and clambering up rocky fell sides and has a fondness for photography. Phil enjoys skittles too, or when sitting quietly he tends to read biographies of medieval Kings.
Areas of Expertise
Business - Dispute Resolution
Personal - Dispute Resolution