Position: Principal Associate
Julia is the Head of our Employment Department. Julia qualified as a Solicitor in 1995 and has specialised in Employment law since 2000. She is a trusted adviser to both employers and employees, helping them navigate issues which they encounter at work.
Julia can help you with a wide range of employment law matters, including:
- working closely with employers, guiding them through disciplinary, grievance, redundancy and other procedures and finding pragmatic solutions to employment law/HR issues.
- advising employees who experience workplace problems. This includes assisting employees who face allegations of gross misconduct or issues relating to sickness absence, redundancy, discrimination or other unfair treatment. She provides a sympathetic ear, whilst providing objective advice and cost-effective solutions to employment issues.
- negotiating and advising upon Settlement Agreements (formerly known as Compromise Agreements) for both employers and employees as a pragmatic way of resolving conflict in the workplace, without recourse to legal proceedings.
- bringing or defending Employment Tribunal claims, ranging from unfair dismissal, constructive unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings), unlawful deduction of wages and breach of contract, amongst other claims.
- drafting documents such as contracts of employment, directors’ service agreements, staff handbooks, policies, consultancy agreements and post-termination restrictive covenants.
- providing strategic advice to employers on commercial transactions such as TUPE and advising employees on their rights in these situations.
Julia is a French speaker, having graduated from the University of Leicester with a degree in Law with French (Honours). She also obtained a diploma in French Legal Studies at the Robert Schumann University in Strasbourg.
Julia is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and you will also find her on Linked-In.
In her spare time, Julia enjoys taking part in amateur dramatics, treading the boards as well as providing back stage support.
Get in touch with Julia to find out if she can help you with your employment law queries.