Nick’s experience and detailed knowledge of commercial matters gives him a sound understanding of the challenges facing business. He aims to find solutions to whatever problems may arise to ensure his client achieves what they set out to do.
Nick has acted for a wide variety of types and sizes of business dealing with corporate, commercial and commercial property matters. He has a wealth of experience over almost 20 years since he became a lawyer in this field dealing with various matters such as:
- Freehold sales and purchases
- The creation of option agreements (acting for both landowners and local developers)
- Advising landlords and tenants in connection with their leases
- A great number of business sales and acquisitions (for diverse businesses such as shops, hotels, pubs, garages, care homes, manufacturing firms, sports centres, dental practices and post offices)
- Providing guidance on issues relating to management of companies and partnerships (such as shareholder/partnership agreements)
- Drafting and advising on a variety of high value commercial contracts examples including contracts for the provision of training services in collaboration agreements in the motor industry and also a service provider in the lead-up to London 2012)
Nick is part of the firm’s Sports Law Unit which advises various sporting organisations and individuals. The Specialist Unit has advised a variety of national governing bodies, clubs, coaches and participants across many sports including golf, rugby, cricket, football, equestrian sports, swimming and disability sports, including many well known names.
Nick has acted for the Amateur Swimming Association/British Swimming for a number of years, and was part of the Blythe Liggins team behind the setting up of the Rugby Coaches Association (a national body aimed at bringing together coaches from both union and league to be their collective voice and representative body) and the Elite Cricket Coaches Association (for ECB Level IV qualified coaches in the same way).
What People say about Nick
“By the end of the process, it felt as though Nick had become our own in-house lawyer as he had taken on board our practical requirements as well as legal needs and got to grips with what we really needed, and helped us make commercial decisions.”
Background & Memberships
Nick was educated at King Henry VIII School in Coventry and qualified as a solicitor in 1998. He spent over 10 years at another Warwickshire based firm where he was a partner for a number of years, and joined Blythe Liggins in the spring of 2010. Since he joined the firm, Nick has sat on the firm’s Marketing Committee.
Nick lives locally and is married with twins. In his spare time he has many sporting interests including watching football and rugby, playing golf and has recently become involved in the coaching of his son’s cricket and rugby teams.
Areas of Expertise