Lois has been involved in a wide variety of differing claims and is often praised for her attention to detail and ability to deal with claims efficiently and sympathetically.
Lois advises in the specialist area of Medical Negligence and her experience includes: -
• Claims for misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose in a wide range of specialist areas to include
Orthopaedics, Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
• Failing to timeously diagnose a stroke
• Failure to obtain adequate consent
• The incorrect prescription of medication
• Gynaecological claims
• Missed fractures on x-rays
• Failing to detect a tumour
• Claims for negligent treatment leading to further injury or death
Lois also advises in a wide range of personal injury claims, to include: -
• Accidents leading to serious brain and head injuries
• Product liability claims, such as defective metal-on-metal (MOM) hips
• Road Traffic Accidents
• Psychiatric injury
• Claims against employers for accidents at work
• Claims for injuries suffered abroad under the Package Tour Regulations
• Tripping or slipping claims in the street and at other venues open to the public
• Claims against hairdressers in relation to treatments which have led to hair damage
• Claims arising from defective beauty treatments
Lois has also assisted in historical child sexual abuse claims and has experience in handling fatal accident claims.
What People say about Lois
“Thank you so much for your prompt and as ever efficient help”
“Your customer care, information and advice was first class, thanks to all the team”
“I would like to thank you for the efficient way you have handled my claim”
“I wouldn’t change a thing. Very friendly from start to finish. Keep up the great work you do”
Background and Memberships
Lois trained at Blythe Liggins and assisted Claire Kirwan, the Head of the Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Team for several years before qualifying herself as a Chartered Legal Executive. Lois then went on to study the Graduate Diploma in Law followed by the Legal Practice at the University of Law before later qualifying as a Solicitor.
Lois is on the firm’s Website Committee and in addition to her role as a Solicitor, Lois is the Secretary to the Warwickshire Private Hospital Charitable Trust. The Trust exists to give help and support to worthy causes which will benefit the health of people living in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Lois enjoys keeping fit and has taken part in a number of charitable runs, including the Two Castles run. She also enjoys travelling, reading and flying in her partner's light aircraft.
Areas of Expertise