Donna heads up our team sympathetically helping clients achieve their objectives in what are often complex family situations. Her experience means that she is skilled in not only guiding clients through complex legal questions, but also understanding the emotions that can be involved.
Her extensive experience includes:
- Drafting Wills and Codicils
- Advising on inheritance tax planning and safeguarding of assets
- Administering estates, including multi-million pound estates and complex estates, where there are numerous beneficiaries and where there is no Will (when the correct beneficiaries have to be established)
- Preparing Deeds of Variation
- Preparing Powers of Attorney
- Advising on the creation and administration of lifetime trusts and those arising on death
- Dealing with spouse by-pass trusts for pensions and life insurance policies
- Providing elderly client advice including contested Statutory Will applications and contested Deputyship and Power of Attorney matters in the Court of Protection
- Assisting clients where family members have lost capacity
As well as those simply looking to ensure their assets are passed on easily, Donna has advised directors and partners in businesses with complicated financial affairs. Donna is often asked by national charities to give talks at legacy events and has been recommended to clients by care home managers and charitable organisations.
What People say about Donna
“I would recommend you to any of my friends; not only for your knowledge, but for the help that you gave to me at a very difficult time and I thank you sincerely for that.”
“Donna was perfect. She put me at ease and I found it very comforting.”
Background & Memberships
Donna qualified as a solicitor in 2002 and became a Partner at Blythe Liggins in 2008. She has been Head of the Wills and Probate team since 2009. She sits on the firm’s Marketing Committee and was also part of the team that helped the firm gain the Law Society Lexcel kitemark. She is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), Solicitors for the Elderly and the Law Society Private Client Section.
Donna is married with a young family and lives in Warwick. She enjoys skiing and horseriding and has also participated in several local charity runs such as the Race for Life and Two Castles Run
Areas of Expertise