David’s vast experience means that he will provide all of his clients with sound commercial advice that will add value to whatever they are seeking to do. The majority of those he advises have asked him to assist them time and time again with different matters. David has dealt with a great number of corporate and commercial property matters in his career, and many high value and complex transactions.
His clients have included many well known names and brands such as:
- ConocoPhillips (the owners of the “Jet” filling station brand)
- Bonhams Auctioneers
- National Association of Estate Agents
- Shepperton Studios
- British Eventing
- Barchester Healthcare
David’s significant experience and expertise enables him to act in:
- Commercial property matters (sales/leases/developments and mortgages)
- Company matters such as formations, shareholders agreements, sales, purchases and financing
- Commercial matters such as partnership, agency, commercial agreements, terms and conditions and joint ventures
- Secured lending
- Estate agency terms and conditions and compliance
- Company share sales
David is also a part of the firm’s Sports Law Unit which advises various sporting organisations and individuals. David recently acted for the English Women’s Golf Association in their merger to form England Golf as the governing body for all amateur golfers.
What People say about David
“I have been very happy with the service I have received.”
“A fast, efficient and reasonably priced service.”
"Happy completely with the service provided"
David was educated at Malvern College, following which he obtained a law degree in Birmingham and then attended Guildford College of Law before joining Blythe Owen-George in 1984. He qualified as a solicitor in 1986 and became head of the Blythe Liggins Commercial team in 1995. He is currently Joint Senior Partner (with Richard Thornton) at Blythe Liggins, and sits on the firm's Executive Committee (having done so since 1995).
David's interests include music, playing the guitar, travelling and sport of most kinds.
Areas of Expertise