Darryl has gathered a great deal of experience in his many years of practice with which he can advise his clients thoroughly and provide them with clear straightforward advice to enable them to make clear, commercial decisions. He has become a key player in the firm's dispute resolution team, and with a calm, unflappable, no-nonsense manner, and a constructive and practical approach Darryl has established a reputation for achieving results for the firm's clients in a cost effective and thoughtful way.
Darryl is firmly committed to the benefits of mediation and has represented clients both at mediation and, when it proves necessary, in litigation in a wide variety of cases for both commercial and private clients.
The areas in which Darryl has specialised include:
- Contract disputes
- Professional negligence claims (including claims against solicitors, accountants, architects and surveyors)
- Breach of duty claims against local authorities and government departments
- Sale of goods claims
- Debt recovery and claims for unpaid fees
- Boundary disputes/party wall disputes
- Landlord and tenant claims (relating to both residential and commercial leases)
- Contentious Insolvency matters (both company and individual)
- Estate agency issues
- Breach of warranty claims
Darryl has experience not only in the County Court, but also in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court in London.
What People say about Darryl
“I felt I could phone or email at any time and received a swift response and excellent service. Darryl has always been there for me and has helped me with all of the problems throughout.”
"very prompt and efficient"
Background and Memberships
Darryl has been in practice in Coventry and Warwickshire since 1975 and joined the firm in 1980. He is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Darryl is a keen motor racing fan and has been known to participate (frequently poorly) in the office long alley skittles team. He can also be found out and about canal and country walking throughout the Midlands and beyond.
Areas of Expertise
Business Dispute Resolution
Personal Dispute Resolution