Claire’s vast experience and wide knowledge of personal injury and medical negligence claims helps her to always put each client’s needs first. She acknowledges that the majority of her clients are in pain, face disruption in their life or have lost a loved one; Claire ensures that each is treated with understanding, kindness and sensitivity. Her attention to detail, analytical mind and ability to win arguments against her opponents gives her an advantage over her competitors. She leaves no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice for her clients.
Claire has advised in a wide variety of differing personal injury claims (often worth significant amounts for her clients) throughout her long career as a solicitor. Her experience includes:
- Road traffic accident claims, from simple whiplash to fractured bones and paralysis
- Tripping or slipping claims either in the street or at venues open to the public, to include nightclubs and shops
- Claims against employers - accidents at work due to unsafe systems, negligence of fellow employees leading to injuries or repetitive strain type injuries
- Food poisoning claims
- Product liability claims – such as defective metal on metal (MOM) hips, carbon monoxide poisoning from defective gas appliances
- Claims arising from holidays that were below standard
- Claims against hairdressers when hair is damaged due to over-processing either by colouring, perming or relaxing
- Representation at Inquests
- Dental negligence claims
Claire also has advised extensively in the specialist area of medical negligence claims, notably against NHS Trusts, private Consultants and GPs. These matters can be particularly distressing for clients and her advice has included:
- Obstetric claims - when pregnancy or childbirth is not properly managed i.e. caesarean section leading to bladder injuries, missed ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth, problems with forceps deliveries
- Having to undergo life-changing surgery as a result of being wrongly diagnosed with cancer
- Missed fractures on x-rays
- Abdominal surgery leading to peritonitis
- Failing to timeously treat injuries which then worsen considerably as a result of the delay
- Failure to detect a brain tumour
- Discharge from hospital post-surgery with inadequate checks, leading to death
Claire has appeared as an adviser on BBC’s Watchdog and Sky's Legal TV and given numerous local radio interviews, as well as being the voice behind Blythe Liggins' well known commercial on Free Radio for the last 10 years.
What People say about Claire
“I want to thank you for handling my claim in an excellent manner. I found you to be well informed, courteous and extremely helpful at all times. You understood my situation and circumstances extremely well. A rare quality if I may say. Truly a professional”
“Thank you for all of your help and support over the last couple of years - it has been wonderful to know you. You have a very stressful job indeed but you manage to carry it out calmly and keep your customers satisfied as well”
“I am really very grateful to you for the excellent and efficient way you handled my claim and I am so fortunate that I consulted you as my solicitor at the outset”
"Your commitment, support, determination and professionalism were outstanding and we thank you very much for the kindness shown to us both at this difficult period of our lives".
Background & Memberships
Claire qualified as a solicitor in 1998 and has been a partner at the firm since 2002. She has been head of the Personal Injury Department here for over 12 years, and sits on the firm’s Marketing Committee and Executive Committee. She remains a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
Away from the Office
Claire lives locally and is married with three children. In her spare time she has taken part in a number of local road races (including the Two Castles run which is sponsored by the firm).
Areas of Expertise