Adam has been involved in a wide variety of differing personal injury and medical negligence claims, advising many clients and helping them deal with what can be a traumatic time.
His experience includes:
- Road traffic accident claims (including assisting a claimant who suffered a traumatic leg amputation and received in excess of one million pounds in settlement)
- Tripping or slipping claims in the street and at other venues open to the public
- Claims against employers for accidents at work
- Product liability claims (including group litigation arising from Sofa Dermatitis claims)
- Claims arising from injuries suffered whilst undertaking airline travel (under the Montreal Convention)
- Claims for injuries to passengers on cruise ships (under the Athens Convention)
- Claims for injuries suffered abroad under the Package Tour Regulations
- Pursuing direct rights against insurers for injuries resulting from road traffic accidents taking place abroad
- Claims to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau and the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
Adam also has advised claimants in the specialist area of medical negligence claims and his experience has included:
- Advising multiple claimants taking action against a specialist for negligent breast surgery treatment
- Claims for failure to diagnose and misdiagnosis
- Claims for negligent treatment
- Claims for treatment carried out without appropriate consent having been obtained.
What particular challenging matters Adam says he has faced
“I obtained compensation for a family in India following a fatal accident in the UK which sadly resulted in the father being killed. We had to show the future earning and lifestyle potential the gentleman would have achieved if he had been able to complete his studies.”
“I acted for a claimant who sadly suffered serious multiple injuries and became wheelchair bound – with the assistance of an accommodation expert I instructed, we successfully sought a bungalow with major adaptations to make it suitable for living in.”
Background & Memberships
Adam qualified as a solicitor in 2009 and joined Blythe Liggins in 2013. As well as his experience in private practice, Adam has also worked for the Legal Services Commission.
Away from the Office
Adam is married with a young family. When not in the office he enjoys countryside walks and attending live classical concerts or visiting historic castles, houses and gardens. Adam is also a regular at Northampton Saints to watch the rugby.
Areas of Expertise